We have big news! Burne Holiday had its first major radio break on 93.3 WMMR just last week! The band made top pick on the station's local sensations blog. This is great news for three reasons:
- We were on the radio.
- They compared us to Radiohead and Weezer.
- They called us sophisticated.
Check out a podcast of the show here.
Hi friends, fans, and newcomers! Welcome to our newly designed home on the interwebs. It’s been a work-in-progress for a while now and we’re quite pleased with the result. Many thanks are owed to Sergio Masís, who is an excellent web developer. Without further ado, here’s a quick tour...
- Check out the Music tab for lyrics and information on our recent release, the Upstanding Young Gentlemen EP, along with some other goodies...
- Be sure to check the Shows tab often, as this is where we will list upcoming performance dates and venues!
- The Store tab allows you to purchase a digital or physical copy of the album via CDBaby.
- Want to stare longingly into our eyes for uncomfortable amounts of time without us calling the police? Check out the Pics tab for galleries of photos from gigs and events.
- Last but not least, check out the Bio tab and learn a little bit more about the band. Fun Fact: Javier’s real name is Steve!*
*Fun Disclaimer: It isn’t.
Rumor has it Burne Holiday will triumphantly return (on horseback with guns ablaze) to the Indestructible Charter Club and the Glorious Tiger Inn. Keep alert for date postings.
They are also looking into shows in the greater NYC/Philadelphia/Boston/United States area.
We here at Burne Holiday, Inc. would like to thank each and every one of you who has purchased your copy of the Upstanding Young Gentlemen EP (and especially those who haven’t subsequently thrown it out).
We are also very grateful to all the people who made its recording and release possible, which we can assure you, was a long and arduous process (and totally not just a really long iPhone voice memo ripped onto a CD-R, copied 149 times, and decorated with magic marker).
If you don’t have the CD yet, you can pick one up through the Store tab on this site, in person at the Princeton Record Exchange, or on iTunes or Amazon.com.
(Idea lovingly ripped off from Radiohead’s Dead Air Space –why stop at just taking their riffs?)
- The Smiths –There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
- Beck –QuéOnda Guero
- Interpol –Take You On A Cruise
- Kings of Leon –Charmer
- The Killers –Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience –Up from the Skies
- The Beatles –Taxman
- The Black Keys –Too Afraid to Love You
- Thom Yorke –Black Swan